Zulum commends soldiers’ gallantry as Borno AG, 2 commissioners survive Boko Haram ambush

Gov Zulum in hand shake with his brave Attorney General

Governor of Borno state, Babagana Zulum, has on Monday applauded Nigeria soldiers for the gallantry they exhibited when a convoy of Borno officials was ambushed by suspected members of the armed opposition group last week.

On Thursday, a Borno state resettlement Committee for Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) led by the Attorney General, Barrister Kaka-Shehu Lawan, ran into a deadly attack by Boko Haram who laid in ambush as they return to Maiduguri.

The governor also commends another battalion of soldiers for showing rare gallantry in decimating insurgents in Gwoza area.

A statement issued on Monday, by Zulum’s spokesman, Isa Gusau said the Governor authorized the public commendation, including keeping up with his objective assessment of the military.

“The Governor commends the Nigerian military such as troops of the 26 Brigade in Gwoza for eliminating and injuring scores of insurgents on Sunday and recovering their weapons.  

“Zulum also commends troops of sector three of Operation Lafiya Dole for eliminating scores of insurgents and recovering their weapons on Friday, along Monguno – Gajiram road during an ambush by the terror group at Jigalta village. 

Gov Zulum and AG Lawan

“The troops which were accompanying a resettlement committee led by the State’s Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice displayed courage, patriotism and professionalism during almost one hour encounter. 

Mr Gusau said his boas was “impressed that despite three soldiers sustaining minor injuries, the troops chased the fleeing insurgents to the bush, neutralized all locations and proceeded with their escort duty.”

“Zulum also lauds troops of the 112 Battalion in Mafa for recovering a truck loaded with valuable items which insurgents seized from citizens along Monguno – Gajiram road. 

“The troops, during their patrol between Mafa and Dikwa, on Saturday, intercepted the truck which hoped to make supplies to insurgents in Sambisa through night movements. The 112 battalions again recovered weapons and motorcycles from insurgents.

“All of these are strong indications of patriotism, courage and commitment which we need to acknowledge to strengthen the determination to build enduring peace in Borno,” Zulum said.

The Humanitarian Times had reported earlier that at least, seven insurgents were killed by Nigerian soldiers and the police while repelling an attack on a convoy of the Borno state government officials, along Monguno- Nganzai road.

The top government officials in the convoy, comprised Kakashehu Lawal, the State Attorney General; Mustapha Gubio, Commissioner of Rehabilitation Reconstruction and Resettlement; and Sugun Mai-Mele, the state commissioner for Local Government and Emirate Affairs.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Previous post Army Chief hosts wounded soldiers to Easter feast in Maiduguri
Next post NSF: Team Borno suffers knock out in tennis
X